Kirkpatrick Oil Company is actively seeking a Senior Geologist to be based in our Oklahoma City office. The successful candidate will be energetic and committed to playing a significant role in growing the company reserves and production by generating new prospects and building the portfolio of drilling opportunities.
The successful candidate will have a record of profitable exploration and the development of projects, particularly in Oklahoma and the Permian Basin. He/she will be expected to play a significant role in a multi-disciplinary collaborative effort to achieve corporate goals. He/she will be able to provide clear and precise communications and reports of activities to peers and senior management of the company.
- Successful track record generating prospects and finding commercial hydrocarbons.
- Extensive experience in log analysis and petrophysical concepts.
- Thorough understanding of necessary petroleum geology concepts and practices, together with applicable seismic, reservoir engineering, economic, and risk assessment skills in both conventional and unconventional play types.
- Ability to produce the work products necessary to generate, document, communicate, and market geologic prospects and assessments via reports, summaries, and presentations.
- Advanced-level geologic workstation skills; Geographix preferred, Petra accepted.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team (Geology, Engineering, and Land).
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to introduce innovative and sound solutions adding the most value to the company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in a broad spectrum of settings, especially being able to tailor communication to a specific audience.
- Self-driven individual that is results-oriented and can deliver on commitments.
- Commitment to exercise the highest level of professional ethics in all business dealings and situations.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a petroleum geologist with a verifiable, successful track record.
- A Bachelor's degree in Geology is required, Master's degree preferred.
- A record of participation in appropriate continuing education classes and seminars.
- Prior experience in the Mid-Continent is required, and Permian Basin is a strong plus.
Compensation includes industry competitive salary commensurate with experience, performance incentives, plus medical and dental benefits, 401(k), etc. Details are available upon application.
Click here to apply for the position of Senior Geologist at Kirkpatrick Oil Company.
Kirkpatrick Oil Company is a growing Oklahoma City based energy company, seeking dynamic team players with excellent technical, interpersonal, and communication skills. A competitive compensation package along with our commitment to work/life balance makes Kirkpatrick Oil a great place to work and prosper.
Headquarters are in Oklahoma City with a field office in Hennessey, OK. Shaped by a combination of successful drilling and acquisition ventures, Kirkpatrick Oil Company takes pride in its history and looks forward to further growth and success.
Kirkpatrick Oil Company offers excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance and Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid holidays and leave
- Employee and community activities
Equal Opportunity Statement
Kirkpatrick Oil Company believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and expressly prohibits discrimination against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or Federal law. This commitment extends to every aspect of employment, recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall and disciplinary action.