Kirkpatrick Oil Company is an Oklahoma City based energy company, seeking dynamic team players with excellent technical, interpersonal, and communication skills. A competitive compensation package along with our commitment to work/life balance makes Kirkpatrick Oil a great place to work and prosper.
Headquarters are in Oklahoma City with a field office in Hennessey, OK. Shaped by a combination of successful drilling and acquisition ventures, Kirkpatrick Oil Company takes pride in its history and looks forward to further growth and success.
Kirkpatrick Oil Company offers excellent benefits and salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications. Interested candidates should complete an Employment Application and submit cover letter and resume.
Kirkpatrick Oil Company has the following position(s) currently open:
Senior Staff Accountant
The Sr. Staff Accountant is responsible for general ledger accountability, financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned. Monitors data during the fiscal year to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards and performs analytics to find and correct accounting errors. Also provides consistent financial information to all levels of leadership.
Essential Functions include:
- Monthly close activities, including financial statement preparation and review, providing variance explanations and expense and revenue detailed reports
- Maintain and process entries for monthly depreciation, depletion and amortization entries for all assets
- Input monthly journal entries as needed
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and correcting entries
- Reconcile intercompany payable and receivable balances for all companies
- Provide financial analysis of properties for operational support, including cash flow
- Prepare sales volumes reporting, along with volume/value comparisons
- Provide financial information related to acquisition and divestiture activity
- Generate closing and post-closing statements for acquisition and divestiture activity, and record related accounting entries
- Process revenue, accounts payable and/or accounts receivable (JIB) transactions when primary accountant responsible for these functions is absent
- Coordinate troubleshooting of computer problems with IT service provider and software support
- Prepare workpapers for tax returns and audits
- Trend and analyze expenses and revenues by well, operator, category, vendor, and identify and explain variances, recommend entries and follow up as needed
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Five plus years’ oil and gas accounting experience with industry knowledge and terminology.
- Proficient in fundamental accounting skills: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and account reconciliations.
- Proven history in analytics with advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Experience working with Enertia software preferred
- Ability to multi-task several assignments simultaneously and establish job priorities
- Professional, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to research and prepare analysis to respond to internal and external inquiries timely and thoroughly
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
Benefits, commensurate with experience and qualifications, include:
- Health and dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance and Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid holidays and leave
- Employee and community activities
To apply for this position, please complete the online application and submit your cover letter and resume.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Kirkpatrick Oil Company believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and expressly prohibits discrimination against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or Federal law. This commitment extends to every aspect of employment, recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall and disciplinary action.